NHS Whipps Cross Chaplaincy Services
For Urgent requests for Chaplaincy, ask nurse/doctor on ward to Bleep the on-call Muslim Chaplain / Imam through switchboard. Additionally contact on the following number.
020 8539 5522
- offer a listening ear
- be present at times of distress and anxiety
- provide scriptures / holy texts or religious materials
- help in the spiritual search to understand a concern or illness
- help contact your local faith community
- reflect upon loss, grief and End of Life issues
- offer support on ethical and religious questions
- offer religious support through prayer, worship, ritual or sacraments
- advise on funeral arrangements and associated matters
Here To Support You & Your Loved Ones
Due to current visitor restrictions within the hospital, we appreciate the emotional and mental toll of being distant from your loved ones can have.
The Barts NHS Chaplaincy Team can facilitate video calls to your loved ones in hospital, to give you that peace of mind.
If you know any patients in hospital, it can be arranged for them to be provided with a Qur'an cube for use whilst admitted in the hospital. This will Insha'Allah allow them to listen to the Beautiful & Powerful words of Allah ﷻ Almighty
Quran cubes, are a device that once charged can recite the Quran through a speaker. These are small devices, about the size of can of soft drink, that can be placed beside the patients bed.
The cubes contain readings of the Quran in 12 different languages from a variety of different readers. It is also possible to listen to Hadiths, Nasheeds, the Call to Prayer and the Names of Allah ﷻ
Remember to provide patient details and a contact number.
The Chapel and the Muslim Prayer Room are part of the Retreat, situated on the first floor. It is available for patients, visitors and staff for prayer and reflection.
Take the stairs up to the first floor which are near Junction 5. At the top of the stairs go through the door on the left.
The Chapel and Quiet Area are through the first door, and the Muslim Prayer Room is through the second door. Ablution facilities are available.
- Friday, 13:15 / 13:00 (winter)